The Federal Skilled Worker Program (also called the Federal Skilled Worker Class) is Canada’s flagship immigration program for workers, allowing the country to welcome tens of thousands of newcomers yearly based mostly on their ability to become established in Canada’s workforce.
Who’s it for?
Professionals and skilled workers around the world who wish to immigrate to Canada completely can do so by the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Candidates can apply with their spouse/partner and dependent children.
Read also: Canada Super Visa
What is the processing time for Federal Skilled Worker Program?
80 % of full applications are processed inside six months or much less.
What’s Express Entry?
Express Entry allows Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to invite eligible candidates to make an application for permanent residence.
These candidates have all made a formal ‘Expression of Interest’ to settle in Canada by creating an online Express Entry profile. Eligible candidates have their profiles accepted to the Express Entry pool the place they’re given a rating and ranked under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based mostly on the personal data they offered.
Along with the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the pool contains candidates underneath the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC). IRCC then invites candidates to use throughout its Express Entry attracts from the pool.
Read also: Levels of Study Canada : Best Facts
Federal Skilled Worker Program advantages
For Federal Skilled Worker Program candidates there are two distinct benefits, and one possible disadvantage, underneath Express Entry.
- Federal Skilled Worker Class candidates don’t require any connection to Canada with a purpose to be eligible for this system. Minimal necessities for work expertise, language proficiency, and education can all be accomplished exterior of Canada, so this system is a wonderful possibility for these living outside of Canada.
- The Federal Expert Employee Program candidates obtain the highest share of invites to use, with FSWC candidates receiving greater than half of all invites issued in 2018.
Read also: Extend a Study Permit Canada
- Even in case you are eligible to use underneath the Federal Skilled Worker Program, there is no assure that you’ll obtain an invitation to use. In case your CRS score is under the cut-off required to receive an invite, consult our guide on the best way to enhance your CRS score.
Let’s go over the eligibility necessities for the Federal Expert Employee Program, as it’s not sufficient simply to have expert work expertise.
Eligibility Requirements – Federal Skilled Worker
In order to be eligible to submit an Express Entry profile under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you should meet a number of minimal eligibility standards:
- Work Experience: You must have a minimum of 12-months of full-time, skilled work experience, or an equal amount in part-time experience. This experience have to be steady and in a single occupation. To be considered “skilled” experience, you should have been working in an occupation at National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A, or B.
- Language Proficiency: You must take an approved language test showing you are proficient in both English or French. The minimal rating for FSWC is equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 7 (CLB 7), though the upper you score, the higher your chances of success.
Read also: Super Visa Insurance Canada
- Education: You could have completed a minimum education equal to the completion of a Canadian high school diploma. In case your schooling was accomplished exterior of Canada, you will have an Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) attesting to the worth of your education by Canadian standards.
- Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid: All FSW candidates should rating a minimum of 67 out of 100 factors on the FSW factors grid. Details are under.
- Settlement Funds: You must have enough funds to assist your settlement in Canada. Details are below.
In case you meet these minimal necessities, you could be eligible to submit an Express Entry profile. Nonetheless, please observe that being eligible doesn’t assure that you’ll be invited to submit an official software for Canadian everlasting residence. Express Entry is a aggressive immigration choice system, so solely the highest rating FSWC candidates shall be invited to use.
The best way to apply for FSW – Step-by-step instructions
Let’s take a look at the method — from checking your eligibility, to getting your Permanent Resident (PR) card.
Step 1: Test your eligibility.
Utilizing the eligibility standards outlined above, be sure that you meet the minimal necessities for this system for work expertise, language proficiency, and schooling. Plus, be sure you test your rating on the FSW factors grid.
Read also: Great Open Work Permit for Canada
Step 2: Receive the paperwork your must create a profile.
With a view to create your Categorical Entry profile, you’ll want three varieties of paperwork:
- Identification: Ensure you have a valid passport.
- Language Proficiency: You want check outcomes from an permitted language check that you simply took throughout the two years previous to creating your profile. For English, candidates might take the IELTS or CELPIP check. For French, the TEF and TCF are the 2 obtainable choices. Candidates with some potential in each English and French might be awarded further factors for potential of their second language.
- Education: For education completed exterior of Canada, you want an Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA).
Step 3: Create an Express Entry profile
This step is accomplished on the IRCC web site. You may be asked to provide some personal information, a few of which is self-declared (such as your work history), and some of which have to be accompanied with the paperwork from the earlier step.
Step 4: Improve your profile and ranking under the CRS
In case your CRS score is under the cut-off required to receive an invitation to use, consult our guide on how to enhance your CRS score.
One popular method of increasing your CRS rating is to re-take your language checks. In case your scores might be improved, it might be worthwhile to take a while to study and then sit the exam once more.
There are different potential methods to enhance your rating, reminiscent of finishing further work expertise or seeing in case you are eligible underneath one of many Categorical Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program streams, significantly these within the province during which you’re employed(ed). Your expertise and expertise could also be in demand within the province, and so there might be a 600-point bonus ready for you.
Read also: Documents you need when you arrive in Canada
Step 5: Obtain an invitation to use
That is arguably the step that brings the most joy, because it permits you and your loved ones, if relevant, to submit an application for permanent residence. From this level, you’ll have 60 days to submit an entire application. ITAs are issued when IRCC conducts one in all its attracts from the Express Entry pool.
Read also: Goods to Follow list Canada
Step 6: Complete a medical exam, provide security background checks, and submit an e-application
All Federal Skilled Worker applicants are screened for potential medical and prison inadmissibility. With your application, you will have to point out that you’ve completed a medical examination with an IRCC-recognized panel doctor.
As well as, you must present a police background test (also called a clearance certificate) from every nation you have lived in for a minimum of six months because the age of 18. The e-application, which have to be submitted inside 60 days of receiving an ITA, should also embrace detailed work reference letters from previous employers.
Given the tight time-frame, it’s a good suggestion to assemble the background checks and work reference letters before you receive an ITA.
Step 7: Your e-application is reviewed
A Canadian immigration officer will review the submitted e-application and let you know if anything is required.
Read also: Utilities in Canada : Easy guide
Step 8: Receive confirmation of permanent resident status and full your touchdown
80 percent of applications submitted underneath the Federal Skilled Worker Program are processed within less than six months. When an individual is permitted, she or he receives a affirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document. An officer at a Canadian port of entry or at a IRCC workplace signs and dates this doc when permanent residence is granted.
Read also: Choosing the right study program in Canada
Step 9: Get your PR card
After you have your confirmation of status, you may then apply for your PR card. If you travel outside Canada, you may use this card as proof of your status in Canada.