Canada’s Super Visa program permits parents and grandparents of Canadian residents and permanent residents to visit Canada for extended durations.
A Super Visa for Canada typically grants entry for up to two years, with the ability to use for extensions of 1 year at a time.
Who’s it for?
The Super Visa is for folks and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who need to go to Canada for lengthy periods.
Do Super Visa applicants need insurance?
Sure, all Super Visa applicants are required to buy private medical insurance earlier than landing in Canada.
Read also: Levels of Study Canada : Best Facts
Who can help?
View our Book an Immigration Consultant page for a list of recommended specialists who will help with your Super Visa application. For a video overview of the Super Visa, check out this video from one of our recommended Canadian immigration consultants, Deanne Acres-Lans from Canada Abroad:
Since first being launched in 2011, the Super Visa has allowed many thousands of international parents and grandparents to come back to Canada for prolonged durations, benefiting families and communities throughout the nation, not simply socially, however economically too. For instance, by their presence in Canada parents and grandparents of adult children will help with taking care of infants, allowing working-age immigrants and naturalised citizens to take a full half in the Canadian labour force.
The spouse or common-law partner of a Super Visa applicant may come to Canada on the same status, however other dependants could not.
It must be famous that Super Visa holders aren’t allowed to work in Canada. There is a permanent residence program for folks and grandparents; nevertheless, there’s a restricted provide of visas under this program, and functions can take a long time to be processed.
Read also: Extend a Study Permit Canada
Super Visa: What do I must do?
There are a few situations that should be met so as to apply for the Tremendous Visa:
1. You need to have an invite from a host in Canada (i.e. your little one or grandchild). The host should meet a minimum income threshold, as they’re liable for your financial help whereas in Canada.
2. You need to pass a medical examination.
3. You need to have legitimate Canadian medical insurance protection for at the very least one year. Super Visa candidates should present proof that they’ve bought personal medical insurance coverage from a Canadian insurance provider.
The insurance coverage policy should:
- be legitimate for at the very least one year;
- cowl well being care, hospitalisation, and repatriation;
- present a minimum protection of $100,000;
- be legitimate for every entry to Canada; and
- Be out there for overview by an officer at a Canadian port of entry.
Read also: Super Visa Insurance Canada
Super Visa letter of invitation
A profitable Super Visa application should embrace a letter of invitation written by the host (little one or grandchild) in Canada. This letter should embrace the next details about the invitee (parent or grandparent):
- Complete name;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Relationship to the host;
- The aim of the trip to Canada;
- How lengthy the invitee intends to stay in Canada;
- The place the invitee will keep, and how he or she intends to finance purchases whereas in Canada; and
- When the invitee plans to leave Canada.
As well as, the next information about the host should be included:
- Complete name;
- Date of delivery;
- Phone number;
Read also: Great Open Work Permit for Canada
- Job title;
- Information about standing in Canada (citizen or permanent resident), together with proof of standing;
- Family details, together with names and dates of delivery; and
- The total variety of individuals residing within the family.
The next should also be included in the Super Visa letter of invitation:
- A signed promise of monetary help for the invitee by the host; and
- Proof of minimal income.
Super Visa minimum income requirements
The child or grandchild of the applicant should meet a minimum income threshold under the Super Visa eligibility standards. These thresholds are referred to as the low-income cut-off (LICO).
Read also: Documents you need when you arrive in Canada
The scale of the household unit contains the parent(s) or grandparent(s) being sponsored.
The host could show his or her income via any of the next means:
- Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment. When you would not have a paper copy on file, you print your tax returns utilizing the Canada Revenue Agency’s on-line service;
- Most recent copy of the T4 or T1 out of your employer (in case you are self-employed, you may receive a letter from an accountant confirming annual income);
- Original letter from your employer stating title, job description, and wage;
- Employment insurance pay stubs; and/or
- Proof of other sources of earnings, such as a pension statement, investments, and so on.
Super Visa: Speak with an immigration professional
The method of making use of for and obtaining the Super Visa may be finished directly between the applicant and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Many people, nevertheless, choose the peace of thoughts that comes with having a qualified and skilled immigration guide to guide them through the process.
Read also: Utilities in Canada : Easy guide
Super Visa application requirements
To use for a Super Visa in Canada, guests entering the nation should have at least $100,000 in well being coverage issued by a Canadian insurance coverage firm. This ensures guests pays for their health care if they change into sick or injured whereas in Canada.
The Co-operators Visitor-to-Canada journey medical insurance plan affords handy, inexpensive safety that meets Super Visa software necessities, together with:
Read also: Choosing the right study program in Canada
- Protection for up to 365 days in Canada and no expiry date exclusion
- The power to return to the house nation throughout the trip with out cancelling protection
- 4 deductible choices with savings of 5% to 30% on $100 to $3,000 per declare deductible
- Rates for visitors as much as age 89
Read also: Moving to Canada with an arts degree
What’s a Super Visa?
The Canadian authorities launched Super Visas in 2011 to handle the backlog of applications acquired from guests who needed longer stays in Canada.
Valid for up to 10 years, the Super Visa is granted to certified parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and everlasting residents. Unlike the regular customer’s visa that allows someone to stay in Canada for only six months, the Super Visa permits a keep of up to two years with an choice to use for an extension.