Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
To keep the best minds in Canada, the Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 was established. This fellowship program is designed for the best postdoctoral students in the world who are also top students and thrive in both research and the classroom. Researchers from both foreign and domestic universities can apply for the Banting Fellowship for Canada 2023, which fosters leadership skills in eminent postdoctoral researchers while preparing the next generation of research leaders.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) each receive 70 annual fellowships as part of the Vanier Banting fellowship program. While these government agencies decide a candidate’s eligibility, the Vanier Banting Secretariat is in charge of managing the program’s daily operations. All three government agencies collaborate closely to ensure fairness in the selection process and to remove prejudice from final selections.
International and domestic researchers can apply for Banting postdoctoral scholarships, which are managed directly by their host university and include a $70,000 annual award over two years. This fellowship program is unique in that it places a strong emphasis on communication and coordination between postdocs and their host institution. As a result, applications must go through the residence institution to ensure that postdocs’ research projects are in line with the goals of their host institution. In later sections, we’ll go over additional specifics about the application procedure.
Submissions that highlight scholars’ innovative spirit and aid in the development of a sustainable research ecosystem are especially welcome by the Banting fellowships. By providing both domestic and foreign students with equal chances, the initiative encourages equity, diversity, and inclusion. Applicants must be familiar with all technical requirements in order to be eligible for this prize. This thorough overview explains how postdoctoral students can submit an application for the Vanier Banting Canadian Fellowship; keep in mind that since this award is merit-based, every detail must be considered.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Recognized Universities in Canada
- $70,000 per year
- All International
Benefits of 2023–2024 Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Participants in this fellowship program get a total of $70,000 per year to further their research projects with renowned Canadian mentors.
- To ensure that each fellow benefits equally, funding for these fellowships is distributed fairly.
READ ALSO: UFV Scholarship Canada 2023-2024
Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be able to complete their Ph.D. or an equivalent medical professional doctorate before the fellowship period begins, or between September 15, 2019, and October 30, 2023.
- Only Canadian universities will accept applicants who are neither citizens of Canada nor residents there on a permanent basis.
- Candidates who have a Ph.D. from an international institution and have Canadian or permanent resident status are only qualified for postdoctoral posts if they continue their education at the same Canadian institution.
- This award, which can only be won once in a lifetime, is open to candidates from Canada (or permanent residents) who have achieved a Ph.D. or equivalent degree at a Canadian institution or at a foreign institution.
- Only scholars who have been recommended by their host institution are eligible for this award.
- Any student may apply, but after earning an award, international students have the choice to continue their studies in Canada.
- Applicants must speak with their supervisor to ensure their institutional eligibility prior to applying for a Banting fellowship.
Application Procedure For Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024:
- Applications must be submitted through a ResearchNet account.
- Candidate submissions must be made through the ResearchNet application and include a Vanier Banting Common CV (CCV).
- Candidates must submit their applications through their residency institutions.
- Candidates should submit their applications before the institution’s international deadline because each institution has its own deadlines.
- The language of the application should be spoken aloud in either English or French.
- The following paperwork needs to be included with the application:
- Area of research to be determined
- Referees and participants are identified.
- The study proposal must include the necessary supporting documentation, with all details filled out in accordance with the rules.
- Make care to fill out every field on your application entirely to avoid disqualification. Candidates must sign a consent document in order to apply.
The 2024 Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship application deadline the official website URL is provided below.