Food Service Supervisor Jobs in Canada. A popular Canadian corporation, TIM Hortons, is known for its commitment to serving great food and coffee in a warm and friendly manner. They are looking for a qualified Food Service Supervisor to join their team in North York, ON, Canada. As a Food Service Supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining high food safety, quality and standards. TIM Hortons offers very competitive wages as well as many other benefits. If you are looking for a career in an international organization, this position could be perfect for you.
The Tim Hortons Food Service Supervisor plays an important role in supervising and managing the daily operations of Tim Hortons restaurants. Their primary responsibilities include ensuring customers receive high-quality service, maintaining food safety standards, and supervising employees. Here are some key aspects of the job:
- Customer Service: A Food Service Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive experience. This includes greeting customers, taking orders, handling inquiries or complaints, and making sure that food and beverages are served promptly and accurately.
- Staff Management: They are responsible for supervising and training staff members. This involves delegating tasks, providing guidance, and ensuring that employees follow the company’s policies and procedures.
- Food Safety and Quality Control: Supervisors need to ensure that all food preparation and serving areas are clean and sanitary. They must also monitor food quality and freshness, discard expired or spoiled items, and ensure that food safety guidelines are followed.
- Inventory Management: Supervisors may be responsible for monitoring inventory levels and placing orders for supplies as needed. This includes keeping track of ingredients, packaging, and other supplies necessary for daily operations.
- Compliance: Ensuring that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations, as well as company policies, is essential. This includes handling food safety inspections and maintaining cleanliness standards.
- Shift Scheduling: Planning and managing employee work schedules, taking into account labor laws and employee availability.
- Financial Management: Some supervisors may be responsible for managing cash registers, handling financial transactions, and reconciling daily sales. They may also be involved in cost control measures to ensure the restaurant’s profitability.
- Promotions and Upselling: Encouraging upselling and promoting new or special items on the menu to increase sales.
To qualify for a Food Service Supervisor position at Tim Hortons, you typically need relevant experience in the foodservice industry, leadership and supervisory skills, knowledge of food safety regulations, and excellent communication and customer service skills. You may also be required to complete training programs provided by Tim Hortons or its parent company, Restaurant Brands International.
Job openings for Tim Hortons and specific requirements can vary by location and franchise, so it’s a good idea to check with your local Tim Hortons restaurant or their website for the most up-to-date information on job opportunities and their specific job requirements and expectations.
Job details Food kindness
- Education: The required qualifications for this position are at least a high school certificate or any equivalent training.
- Experience: Maximum 2 years of experience in related field
- Wage: $17 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Vacancies: Only 1
- Type: Full-time and long-term
- What is allowed: Must have a valid Canadian work permit