Cost of US Visa & Requirements
Cost of US Visa
For any reason, bearers with African passports must get a visa before entering the US. Depending on your purpose for traveling, you can apply for a variety of visa categories, but doing so comes with a long list of conditions that must be met.
Also, depending on the sort of visa you’re asking for, there may be visa fees. The US government reserves the right to alter the visa fees as well. Here, we’ll give you the current visa fee amounts as well as the specifications for requesting a US visa from Nigeria or any other country in Africa.
Applying for a US visa
- A square passport photo with a minimum resolution of 600 pixels by 600 pixels must be submitted (height x width). The largest size is 1200 pixels by 1200 pixels (height x width). The passport’s backdrop should be either white or off-white.
- Online DS-160 completion and submission are both possible through the US Department of State website.
- Pay the non-refundable visa processing cost online or by making a bank deposit.
- Make an appointment with the consulate or embassy. Either online or through the call center are options.
- On the day of your interview, you will need to bring the following documentation:
- Your required color photo, which is in color
- your passports, both current and expired
- your receipt for paying the visa fee
- The barcode with 10 digits on your DS-160 confirmation page
- Depending on the type of visa you hold, you must submit additional supporting papers.
- You can go to the interview for a USA visa at the US Consulate General or US Embassy in your nation.
- Your fingerprints will be collected when you show up for the interview at the Embassy or Consulate General. If, however, you’re applying for a diplomatic or international organization visa, you won’t need to go through this procedure. The same rules apply to those who are under 14 and those who are over 79.
- You will be informed when your visa is accepted, and your passport will be available at the pick-up location you indicated when making your appointment.
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
The Most Important Changes in Canada Immigration in 2023
How to Immigrate to Canada from the Philippines in 2022?
How to Pay for a US Visa
Depending on the type of visa, a non-refundable USA visa application cost may be required. The price is fixed at roughly US$160 for the most common types of visas, business and tourist.
Cash payments may be made at a nearby branch of a designated bank or online at those banks’ websites.
You will need to submit a photocopy of your passport’s data page if you choose to pay in person at a bank’s counter. Before leaving the bank, you must sign the receipt you will get.
You must have an account with the Bank in order to make payments online through the Internet banking platform. If you do, you can easily make the payment and receive a receipt. As payment documentation, print the receipt.
Requirements for US visas
For their USA visa application, African visa applicants will require the following materials:
- Two vacant pages in an international passport for stamping visas and entries. At least six months must pass after the return date for the passport to still be valid.
- Earlier passport (for travel history)
- DS-160 confirmation page with barcodes
- Confirmation of appointment page
- photos in two colors for passports
- receipt for paying the application fee
- evidence of money (i.e. payslips, bank statements, proof of assets and investments, etc)