St. Joseph’s Care Group is searching for a Cook to join the team. If you’re caring, compassionate, and dedicated individual, they would want you to join our team.
Apply right now by means of Careers at St. Joseph’s Care Group (sjcg.net) web site.
- Successfully completed chef training or culinary management diploma (as per Long Term Care Homes Act Regulation #76)
- Licensed as a Cook within the province – Red Seal Certification preferred
- Food Safety Certificate by Public Health (current within the last three years)
- Prior experience in large amount cooking, ideally in a healthcare facility
- Educated in regards to the Canada Food Guide and therapeutic diets
- Familiarity with the Public Health Food Premises Act, the Occupational Well being & Security Act and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Good oral and written communication abilities, together with the power to learn and write English and to comply with written instructions, standardized recipes, manufacturing charts and therapeutic menus
- Efficient planning, organizing, time administration and problem-solving skills
- Earlier experience with menu planning and costing, and computerized inventory management
- Catering and baking experience an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Have to be in good physical condition and have the ability to meet the physical calls for of the job, together with ability to securely raise and transfer hot heavy objects (up to 15 kg) and to face for long durations of time
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work
Work as a Cook in Canada
They’re searching for a skilled Cook to arrange scrumptious meals in line with menu. You’ll cook dishes that may delight their customers with their style and timely delivery.
A superb cook should be able to comply with instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They should be deft in moving across the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using numerous ingredients and cooking techniques can also be important.
The goal is to help preserve and improve our reputation so we will develop our clientele.
- Arrange workstations with all needed substances and cooking equipment
- Put together ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, slicing meat and so on.)
- Cook meals in varied utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure nice presentation by dressing dishes before they’re served
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly environment within the kitchen
- Guarantee all food and other items are stored correctly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Condition of employment
- This place shall be conditional upon a passable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) the place indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
- Presents of employment made to external candidates or inside candidates transferring into Long-Term Care are conditional upon offering proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-006 or proof of legitimate medical exemption, previous to the provided effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption shouldn’t be provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is dedicated to offering prime quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves.
People who converse a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, and many others. are inspired to apply. Upon request, accommodations because of a disability are available all through the selection process.
NEED MORE INFORMATION:
For extra information about SJCG, contact:
Coordinator, Recruitment & Retention
(807) 346-5219 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Use these Links to Explore: