University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship
The University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship is open to qualified African students who want to study in Australia.
With a full-time study load distributed across the courses taken, the scholarship is worth ($50,000 gross) $10,000 for each year of study and acts as a tuition discount.
International students frequently choose it as their destination because of the friendly residents, easy-to-use transit, and winding lanes surrounded with beautiful buildings.
In order to attract exceptional international students to study at the University of Newcastle in 2023 and beyond, the Newcastle Excellence Scholarship was established. This scholarship recognizes applicants with an excellent academic record and motivates them to keep working hard to improve themselves. It is based on merit.
Students who have been offered admission to a suitable program without a quota and who will begin their studies at the University of Newcastle will automatically be awarded scholarships.
Level and Study Subject
Both undergraduate and graduate studies are eligible for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship. There are no limitations on the type of study that may be pursued.
The University of Newcastle is the host institution for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship. The city of Callaghan is home to the University of Newcastle. It is one among Australia’s best universities.
To be eligible for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- A passport from one of the 54 African countries.
- Starting your studies at the university in a degree program that is acceptable for undergraduate or graduate study (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be a foreign student who pays all fees in full.
- Be beginning a program at an Australian or online campus that qualifies, as mentioned in your letter of offer.
- Not be eligible to obtain a separate University scholarship unless the college has granted specific permission.
- In the case that eligibility for the scholarship is terminated, satisfy all financial obligations of an overseas student paying full tuition, including the full tuition charge and other expenditures related to acquiring a student visa.
Application Criteria for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship
In order to apply, candidates must be ready to provide the following documentation:
- Certification of completion
- English language proficiency needed
- English proficiency proof
- A curriculum vitae (CV), résumé, and/or letters of work experience are advised for programs that require work experience.
- Biometric passport page
- Colorful original documents that have been scanned
- For each year of full-time study divided by the number of courses taken, the scholarship is worth AU$10,000, or $1250 per course.
- This will be deducted from the number of credits initially specified in your letter of offer for each term of study in your qualified program and transferred to your student account as a tuition fee reduction (s).
How to Apply for an Excellence Scholarship at the University of Newcastle
If the required paperwork is missing, your application won’t be processed. Please have all required papers prepared for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files before completing the online application procedure.
A student immediately submits a scholarship application when they apply to a university (where eligibility criteria are met).
Successful applicants will receive their Offer Letter with information about the scholarship’s value; they should carefully read it before deciding whether or not to accept.
Scholarships will be given out in accordance with academic merit. All judgments based on academic merit are made using the university’s formulas for determining ATAR and GPA.
If a student does not receive an offer, they are not eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who have not previously received the award and who are studying at an Australian campus or online are likewise excluded. For programs with quotas, this award is not available to students (please view full terms and conditions for the list of quota-limited programs which will not be eligible).