International applicants are invited to apply for merit scholarships at the University of Hamburg Scholarships in Germany. Students of all nationalities, as well as non-German citizens, are encouraged to apply for these coveted Hamburg scholarships.
The University of Hamburg recognizes and rewards excellent foreign students and doctorate researchers from all subjects who have showed a commitment to social justice and are active in an international environment through its merit scholarship program. A merit-based scholarship allows winners to concentrate exclusively on their education while also offering them the opportunity to enhance their talents.
The University of Hamburg is a large research university in Hamburg, Germany. It is widely regarded as the finest educational and scientific institution in Northern Germany, as well as one of Germany’s largest establishments.
Why should you study at the University of Hamburg? The school provides a diverse range of degree programs. It offers 150 degree programs over six faculties, making it genuinely comprehensive.
- University of Hamburg
- All Programs
- All International
Benefits of University of Hamburg Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Doctoral researchers can receive up to EUR 850 per month in support. If finances are available, they may be eligible for merit scholarships of up to 11,000 EUR each month (roughly three scholarships may be granted per cycle).
- Merit scholarships are awarded for a period of two months (a total of twelve). If you have reason to believe your case is unusual, funding can be extended for up to three years.
READ ALSO: Healthcare Scholarship 2023
Eligibility Criteria for University of Hamburg Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Excellent to exceptional academic performance
- Other verifiable knowledge and abilities (e.g., presentations/publications, rewards for particular skills)
- Prior financing or confirmation of volunteer activities is required.
- The applicant’s necessity or socioeconomic situation.
- You have been enrolled in your field at University Hamburg for at least two semesters and are working towards an academic degree (students in master’s programs that last two years, as well as doctoral researchers, may apply after one semester);
- Do not have German nationality;
- They are ineligible for federal student loans.
Procedure for Applying for University of Hamburg Scholarships 2023-2024:
The first step in applying for Hamburg Merits scholarships is to enroll in a university degree program.
After that, click on the links that correspond to the deadline you’ve chosen (you’ll need to sign in with your STiNE ID):
Application form (due date: june 28)
Application form (due date: October 15th).
- You will be requested to finish your application once you have registered.
- Application Materials Upload the following documents to the online application portal:
CV Letter of Motivation (Please use the PDF version of this form). (If appropriate) evidence of cultural and/or social activities
- Achievements list Keep track of accomplishments with STiNE printouts or course certificates; doctoral and master’s students must finish their certificates.
Completed application materials that are received by the deadline will be evaluated. As a result, start gathering your application documents as soon as possible and get them ready to upload to the application portal.
Documents Required for University of Hamburg Scholarships 2023-2024:
- Please send documentation of your residency permit to your program manager via email before the application deadline. Due to the continued restriction of access to the University Administration building, papers must be supplied by email; sadly, these documents will not be retained and will be permanently destroyed after viewing.
- If you do not have the legal capacity to reside in your country (for example, due to EU citizenship or another reason), contact the program coordinator for further assistance.
The application deadline is:
The deadlines for applying for University of Hamburg scholarships are june 28 and October 15.