Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 was established to help Canada retain its top minds. This fellowship program is designed for top-tier international postdoctoral students who excel in both research and academics.
The Banting Fellowship for Canada 2023 is open to academics from both foreign and national universities, with the goal of developing leadership skills in high-quality, renowned postdoctoral researchers and grooming future research leaders.
The Vanier Banting fellowship program awards 70 annual fellowships to three Canadian institutions: the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
While these federal institutions evaluate eligibility for candidates, the Vanier Banting Secretariat is in charge of the program’s day-to-day operations.
All three federal agencies collaborate extensively to ensure fairness throughout selection processes and to eliminate prejudice from selection judgments.
Banting postdoctoral scholarships provide international and national scholars with a $70,000 prize handled directly by their host university over two years.
This fellowship program is notable for its emphasis on collaboration and synchronization between postdocs and their host institution; it ensures that postdoctoral research aligns with the objectives of their host institution, which is why applications must be processed through the residence institution.
In the following sections, we’ll go over the application procedure in greater depth. The Banting scholarships are looking for proposals that demonstrate researchers’ creative energy while also supporting the development of a sustainable research ecosystem.
By providing equal chances to both national and international students, the program fosters equity, diversity, and inclusion. Applicants must be aware of all technical requirements in order to be eligible for this prize.
This complete overview explains how postdoctoral students can apply for the Vanier Banting Canadian Fellowship; keep in mind that this award is merit-based, thus no details should be overlooked.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Recognized Universities in Canada
- $70,000 per year
- All International
Benefits of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024:
- Participants in this fellowship program are awarded a total of $70,000 per year to pursue their research under the supervision of outstanding Canadian mentors.
- These fellowships are funded in an equitable manner, so that all beneficiaries benefit equally.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024:
- Candidates must be able to complete their Ph.D. or the equivalent medical professional doctorate between September 15, 2019, and October 30, 2023, or before the fellowship period begins.
- Candidates who are neither Canadians or permanent residents of Canada are only eligible for fellowships at Canadian institutions.
- Candidates having Canadian or permanent resident status who have received a Ph.D. from an international institute are only eligible for postdoctoral posts if they continue their studies at the same Canadian institution.
- Candidates from Canada (or permanent residents) with a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree from a Canadian institute or a foreign university are eligible for this prize, which can only be received once in a lifetime.
- Scholars are only eligible for this award if their host institution recommends them.
- Students of any nationality are eligible to apply; however, international students have the option of continuing their studies in Canada after earning an award.
- Applicants must contact their supervisor to establish their eligibility at the university before applying for Banting fellowships.
READ ALSO: University of Hamburg Scholarships
Application Procedure For Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2024:
- Candidates must use their ResearchNet account to apply.
- Candidates must submit a Vanier Banting Common CV (CCV) through the ResearchNet program.
- Candidates must apply through their respective institutions of residence.
- Each institution has its own deadlines, therefore candidates should apply before the institution’s international deadline.
- Applications must be delivered orally in either English or French.
- The following documentation should be included with the application:
- To be determined is the research area.
- Participants and referees are identified.
- Details on the study proposal and any supporting documentation must be prepared in accordance with the guidelines.
- If you do not thoroughly fill out all of the fields in your application, you may be disqualified.
Candidates must sign a consent document in order to apply.
The Application deadline for Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 Visit The Official link Given Below.