This is to inform the general public that the Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2022-2023 are partially funded scholarships which are available for undergraduate and masters studies. The scholarships are open to students from foreign countries. Successful applicants will be granted a total value of up to £4000.
Academics and researchers at Birkbeck work together via a wide range of networks, groups and societies. These cut across departments, subjects and areas of expertise, to encourage and enable innovative, interdisciplinary research.
Teachers and researchers at Birkbeck work collectively by way of a variety of networks, teams and societies. These reduce throughout departments, topics and areas of experience, to encourage and allow progressive, interdisciplinary analysis. Birkbeck has been serving to folks entry increased training and rework their lives for almost two centuries. It have an illustrious, unconventional and radical historical past.
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
Institution(s): Birkbeck University of London
Study in: UK
Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
Program Period: 1 year
Required Language: English
Financial Benefit: The following scholarship amounts are offered to recipients of the scholarship which cover only tuition fees for just the first year: £4000, £2000, £1500 and £1000. But you must complete the payment of the £2000 non-refundable deposit within two weeks of being selected for the scholarship.
Recommended for you:
Eligible Courses under the scholarship
- Accounting and Management
- Accounting and Management with Finance
- Accounting with Finance
- Ancient History and Archaeology
- Archaeology and Geography
- Arts and Media Management
- Bio medicine
- Business Psychology
- Community Development and Public Policy
- Contemporary History and Politics
- Creative Writing
- Creative Writing and English
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Culinary Industry Management
- Data Science and Computing
- Economic and Social Policy
- Economics and Business
- Economics and/with Mathematics
- Environmental Management
- Film and Media
- Finance with Accounting
- Financial Economics
- French Studies
- French Studies with International Experience
- Geography and International Development
- German with International Experience
Eligibility Criteria for Birkbeck International Scholarships
In order to be eligible for Birkbeck International Scholarships, candidates must:
- be an international overseas tuition fee-paying student holding an unconditional offer on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught program, which are offered by Birkbeck and starting in Autumn 2022. You must also have been assessed as an international fee-payer to qualify.
- be an ordinarily resident of a country in the relevant region
- be self-funded
- be classified as an ‘International’ tuition fee payer.
Eligible Countries: Africa (Sub-Saharan) Asia (Central Asia, South Asia, South East Asia and East Asia), the Caribbean, Latin America and the MENA (Middle East and North Africa).
More posts like this you might like:
Application Procedure for Birkbeck International Scholarships
Check the general entry requirements and apply to the university through here.
Once you have received an unconditional offer from Birkbeck, you can apply using the online application form for the region where you ordinarily reside. You must be a citizen of and currently living in one of the following:
- Asia/Central Asia: This includes those from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh. You may apply here.
- East Asia/South East Asia: This includes those from Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam. You may apply here.
- Middle East/North Africa: This includes those from Turkey, UAE, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Bahrain, Kuwait, Tunisia. You may apply here.
- North America: This includes those from Canada or the United States. You may apply here.
- Latin America/the Caribbean: This includes from any Latin America or Caribbean country, except Brazil. If this applies to you, then you may apply here. If you are a Brazilian national you might be eligible for the Birkbeck Global Future Scholarship (see above).
- Sub Saharan Africa: This includes those from Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, eSwatini, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe. You may apply here.
- Successful scholars will be selected on the basis of a statement of no more than 4000 characters in support of the application. The statement should detail why they are the ideal candidate for the scholarship.
- If you are successfully awarded this scholarship, you will be notified by e-mail. You must complete a payment of a £200 non-refundable deposit within the timeframe stated on your award letter (typically five working days).
- You must successfully enroll for the Autumn 2022 intake to receive the award, and no later than 8 October 2022.
- First deadline: 31 May 2022.
- Second deadline: 15 July 2022 (1 August 2022 for Sub Saharan Africa only)