As an employer in Regina, you know the challenges of finding skilled labor to fill essential roles. Hiring foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program can be complicated and time-consuming. However, positions like cleaners and light-duty roles are now eligible to be filled through the Labor Market Impact Assessment streamlined process. This expedited LMIA provides you a faster, simpler method to hire foreign workers for jobs that do not require specialized skills or training.
If you have been unable to fill vacant cleaner or light-duty positions with local candidates, the LMIA program can help. Roles like cleaning staff in offices, retail locations, and healthcare facilities are in high demand but short supply. By hiring temporary foreign workers to fill your vacancies, you gain reliable and dedicated employees to ensure your business operates efficiently and safely. The LMIA application process is straightforward, and approved positions allow workers to start within a few months. Discover how the LMIA program can assist your company in securing essential staffing needs.
Light Duty Cleaner Positions Available in Regina, SK
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Light Duty Cleaner with our company in Regina, Saskatchewan, your core duties will include:
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, carpets, and entryways
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing washrooms including toilets, sinks, mirrors and floors
- Emptying trash, recycling, and compost bins and transporting waste to disposal areas
- Replenishing supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Performing spot cleaning of walls, light fixtures, doors, cabinets and floor mats
- Assisting with moving furniture and equipment as needed for cleaning purposes
To be considered for this role, you must be able to stand, walk, lift up to 30 lbs, and perform repetitive motions for extended periods. No prior commercial cleaning experience is required, as full training will be provided. However, strong attention to detail and a commitment to providing excellent service are must-have attributes.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking steady part-time or full-time work in a growing company. Competitive wages, flexible schedules, and a positive work environment are just a few of the benefits offered. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today by submitting your resume for review. Candidates with the necessary qualifications and a desire to succeed in this role will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Employer Name: Golden Years Manor Inc.
Position: Cleaner, light duty
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $14.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2315 Arens Road East, Regina, SK S4V 1G3
Job Details: Responsibilities, Requirements and Qualifications
The primary role of the Cleaner position is to thoroughly clean and sanitize designated areas. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and polishing floors.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting washrooms – scrubbing toilets, sinks, mirrors, and replenishing supplies.
- Taking out garbage and recycling, and ensuring waste is properly sorted and disposed of.
- Cleaning interior windows, sills, and window tracks.
- Dusting and wiping baseboards, doors, door frames, and switches.
To be considered for this role, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 6-12 months of related cleaning experience in a commercial or residential setting. Prior experience in a healthcare environment is preferred but not essential.
- Be able to handle heavy cleaning equipment and lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly. The work requires physical stamina, bending, stretching, and standing for extended periods.
- Have strong attention to detail and take pride in high quality cleaning and hygiene standards.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Reliability and punctuality are essential.
- Have legal authorization to work in Canada. LMIA approval and valid work permit required for foreign applicants.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate strong communication skills, honesty, and a team-first attitude. Compensation will be $15-18 per hour based on experience. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their relevant experience.
How to Apply for the LMIA-Approved Cleaner Role
To apply for the LMIA-approved cleaner role in Regina, Saskatchewan, please follow the steps below:
Submit Your Resume
Submit an up-to-date resume highlighting your relevant cleaning and janitorial experience. Focus on quantifiable achievements and the specific duties you have performed in past roles, such as:
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and polishing floors
- Dusting and wiping surfaces
- Cleaning washrooms and ensuring washroom supplies are well-stocked
- Taking out garbage and recycling
- Performing other light cleaning duties as requested
Apply Through the Proper Channels
Apply for the LMIA-approved cleaner role through the official Government of Canada website and designated employer portals. Applying through improper channels will unfortunately disqualify you from consideration. The LMIA program has specific application requirements to protect both employers and employees.
Interview and Selection Process
If selected for an interview, be prepared to provide professional references who can speak to your cleaning and janitorial abilities. You may also be asked to do an on-site cleaning skills assessment. The final candidates will go through an official LMIA approval process, including providing necessary documentation to confirm your eligibility to work in Canada.
Successful candidates will receive full training for the specific cleaning duties required. While you may have relevant experience, each employer and work environment is different. Participate actively in all training to ensure you meet the necessary standards to properly service the facilities.
This cleaner role provides gainful, lawful employment for individuals with the proper work authorization. If you follow the necessary steps and guidelines, you will have the opportunity to launch an exciting new career path in Regina. Please apply today!
With a strong economy and low unemployment rate, Regina’s job market remains active. For those seeking entry-level positions with opportunities for growth, the role of cleaner offers a promising path forward. By following the application instructions carefully and emphasizing your relevant experience, you’ll have a good chance of securing an interview. With an enthusiasm for providing high quality service, attention to detail, and a willingness to take on additional responsibility over time, you can build a career as a valued member of the team. New doors may open to supervisory roles, expanded duties, and higher pay. The first step is applying now for one of the LMIA-approved cleaner positions currently available in Regina. With hard work and persistence, you’ll be well on your way.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed