Are you are looking forward to study in Japan with an international scholarship? Then read this article through. In this article, we will explain what a MEXT scholarship is, its benefits and step by step application process.
WHAT IS A MEXT SCHOLARSHIP?
The MEXT Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that’s for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters, PhD and training studies. The MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly living allowance and airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan. You can apply through the Japanese embassy in your country.
WHAT ORGINIZATION ORGINIZES THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP?
This scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan. It offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at different Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
BENEFITS OF AQUIRING THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP
The MEXT Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan.
- Accommodations: Accommodation for international students will also be provided.
THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for the MEXT Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All the countries in the world.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school.
- For Masters / PhD Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate. Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP?
The application process of the MEXT scholarship is listed below:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country.
- Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy.
- After that, interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through an email or through the embassy’s website.
THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP
- The MEXT scholarship application form.
- English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their home University and they are exempted or excluded from a Language Test.
- Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in English.
- The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps.
- Passport (if available at the time of application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
- Statement of purpose. The statement of purpose is written in English. The basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students) etc.
THE SUMMARY OF THE MEXT SCHOLARSHIP
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years.
READ ALSO: THE FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP