What’s Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a 9-digit number that provides you the chance to work in Canada or deemed fit for any government advantages or programs.
The Social Insurance Number is barely given to 1 individual and can’t be utilized by any other individual. It’s the responsibility of such a person to guard his or her SIN by holding it in a safe place.
Why Social Insurance Number (SIN)
The following is a list of reasons why it’s best to have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) in Canada because it lets you:
- Obtain cash through investments and work.
- Make tax payments.
- Use authorities amenities.
- Donate pension plans
An employer can’t offer you wages if you don’t have a SIN.
There’s a law in Canada that an employer must know your Social Insurance Number within three days after you’re employed.
Social Insurance Number (SIN) Eligibility
- If you’re a citizen in Canada, both a short lived or permanent resident;
it’s best to have a Social Insurance Number to work in a subject in Canada or purchase government services, advantages, or applications.
- Children who’re 12 years and above can apply for his or her Social Insurance Number on their own.
- Anybody could be legally authorized to act on behalf of those children corresponding to legal guardians, mother and father, personnel, and others.
The principle aim is to guide the child throughout his or her SIN application.
Social Insurance Number (SIN) Application
- Applying in person:
When you’re applying for a Social Insurance Number by your self, you must carry all of your original documents and take them to any nearest Service Canada Office in order to get a SIN confirmation.
If the process went well, you’ll get your Social Insurance Number throughout your visit.
- Applying by mail:
The only people who can apply via this are:
- People residing 100 km and above from any nearest service Canada workplace can’t access the area.
- Individual with other limitation that’s cheap and prevents them from going to a Service Canada point of service;
and has no other choice to use another person to help them submit their application.
- People who’re applying outside the shore of Canada.
NB: You want these two documents to apply by mail such as the SIN application kind and original documents.
After you might be done with the application, you can send the application form and your unique documents to this address:
Social Insurance Registration Office
Processing Duration for Social Insurance Number (SIN)
In case your application for a Social Insurance Number meets the essential requirements, a letter will probably be sent to your mail inside 20 business days ranging from the date your application was obtained.
If it greater than 25 business days and there’s no response you can contact them through the email address on their web site.
After getting your SIN, Service Canada helps you store your private info in the Registry of your Social Insurance which includes your name, date of birth, hometown, your parent’s names;
and even dates of death are recorded too.