We at Lifetouch (a member of the Shutterfly family of brands) think that self-expression has tremendous power. Lifetouch has been capturing the distinct characters of kids and families for more than 85 years, building on the “Picture Day” tradition. Position will start mid August 2023
In Canada, a school photographer’s job is to record priceless moments for kids, parents, and educational institutions, as well as to produce enduring memories. Throughout the academic year, school photographers are in charge of taking pictures of the students, the faculty, and numerous activities. Individual and group portraits, class shots, team photos, graduation ceremonies, and other school-related events are all included in their body of work.
Our school photographers delight in.
- Paid photography training to improve your abilities and knowledge; no prior knowledge of photography is necessary; we’ll teach you everything!
- photographing in a dynamic and enjoyable setting with children of all ages
- Competitive salary, paid driving time, and the potential to qualify for further incentives or competitions
- traveling in comfort in their own vehicle to nearby schools
- Experience in photography: School photographers need to have a solid background in photographic principles, such as lighting, composition, posing, and post-processing. They must be able to take sharp, well-exposed, and aesthetically pleasing pictures.
- Interpersonal Skills: For school photographers, strong interpersonal and communication skills are crucial. In order to make the various age groups of children, teachers, and parents feel relaxed and at ease during the photographic sessions, they must communicate with them in a polite and professional manner.
- Focus on Detail: School photographers must focus on detail to make sure that each image is artistically and technically sound. They ought to be able to identify and fix any problems with the background, pose, or lighting that might detract from the image’s overall quality.
- vigor and enthusiasm for photographing students and creating enduring moments
- Willingness to work a flexible seasonal schedule, primarily Monday through Friday, including early starts and extra hours as needed.
- must own a reliable insured vehicle and a current driver’s license
- Having the ability to lift and use camera equipment that weighs up to 40 pounds (supplied).
- Minimum age of 18 and high school graduation or comparable work experience
- exemplary client service abilities
READ ALSO: Sport Official in Canada
For school picture days, we are looking for enthusiastic, imaginative, and welcoming seasonal photographers. We want to work with you if you’re interested in a fun career in photography, enjoy working with children, and appreciate being in a different environment every day.
In addition to immediately reflecting our company value of Embracing our Differences, Shutterfly places a high importance on supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce because it is the right thing to do for both our company and our employees. Learn more about Shutterfly DE&I’s dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.