Neporany Doctoral Fellowship
The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship is a prestigious program designed to support exceptional doctoral students in their pursuit of advanced research and academic excellence. Established in 2005, the fellowship aims to provide financial assistance, mentorship, and networking opportunities to deserving individuals. Recipients of the fellowship become part of an esteemed community of scholars and gain access to valuable resources that enhance their academic and professional growth.
The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship is open to students from various fields of study, including but not limited to social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering. The program encourages interdisciplinary research and welcomes applicants with innovative and groundbreaking ideas.
Through its rigorous selection process, the fellowship seeks to identify candidates who demonstrate exceptional academic potential, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to making significant contributions to their respective fields.
To be eligible for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship, applicants must have completed their master’s degree or equivalent by the time the fellowship commences. They should also have a strong academic track record, as evidenced by their grades, research experience, and publications, if applicable. Additionally, applicants must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as the fellowship places emphasis on collaboration and engagement with peers and mentors.
The Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies is offering the Neporany PhD Fellowship to PhD students specializing in Ukraine in the social sciences, economics, politics, or allied subjects (social sciences, economics, political, and social studies). Priority will be given to individuals who are finishing their dissertations, students enrolled in Canadian universities, and citizens and residents of Canada.
This prize’s worth could range from $5,000 to $20,000. The Neporany Fellowship might be combined with other recognition. If the total money contributed to include this fellowship exceeds $30,000, it is either eliminated or lowered. The fellowship may last for one entire academic year.
The wishes of the late Osyp and Josaphat Neporany, as well as CFUS, led to the establishment of the Osyp and Josaphat Neporany Educational Fund in 1978. The Fund’s primary purpose was to support post-doctoral studies, research grants, bursaries, and scholarships in the fields of economics, political science, and allied disciplines.
To provide funding, the Neporany Fellowship Program was then started. Over the years, it has funded postgraduate exchanges, grants, scholarships, and fellowships for teaching and research. In 1982, it was initially produced.
The Neporany Fellows Program’s major objective is to give freshly graduated students the chance to advance their academic status by offering teaching posts or funding for research that results in publications. The Fellowship has now become accessible for Doc finished their dissertations recently.
The prize, which is given out yearly, honors academic brilliance and the quality of the research/dissertation proposal. The Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies (CIUS), which is based at the University of Alberta, will determine the terms of the prize and how it will be judged. The Educational Fund is supervised and managed by the Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies (CFUS).
READ ALSO: UFV Scholarship Canada 2023-2024
- University Of British Columbia
Level Of Study:
- Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies
- Its worth may range from $5,000 to $20,000.
- The Neporany fellowship may be given in addition to other awards, but if the sum of all awards (including this fellowship) exceeds $30,000, it will be eliminated or decreased.
- The fellowship is valid for one academic year.
- those who qualify for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship Economics, politics, or a related field in Ukraine (economic social sciences, economics, politics, as well as social history) must be studied in college for Neporany Doctoral Fellowship candidates.
- This gives Canadian history, students studying at Canadian universities, and those writing their dissertations priority.
- Successful candidates will receive this fellowship for one academic year.
- A cover letter with your mailing address, citizenship or residence documentation (if you’re a Canadian resident), phone number(s), and email
- Transcripts, a recent resume, and a current CV.
- A thesis synopsis (1,250–2,500 words)
- a pair of letters of recommendation, one of which is from their thesis advisor
- details of awards that have been accepted or applied for
Eligibility criteria for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship
The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship has a set of specific eligibility criteria that applicants must meet to be considered for the program. These criteria ensure that the fellowship is awarded to deserving individuals who have the potential to excel in their academic pursuits. The eligibility criteria for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship are as follows:
- Educational Background: Applicants must have completed a master’s degree or equivalent in their chosen field of study. The degree should be obtained from a recognized university or institution.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic record, demonstrated through high grades and academic achievements. Scholarly publications, research experience, and presentations at conferences or seminars are also considered favorably.
- Research Proposal: Applicants are required to submit a detailed research proposal outlining their intended doctoral research. The proposal should clearly articulate the research objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in the language of instruction is essential for successful completion of the doctoral program. Applicants must provide evidence of their language proficiency, such as language test scores or certificates.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants are required to submit letters of recommendation from professors or professionals who can attest to their academic abilities and potential. These letters should provide insights into the applicant’s research skills, motivation, and suitability for the fellowship.
Benefits and funding provided by the fellowship
The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship offers a comprehensive package of benefits and funding to support the successful candidates throughout their doctoral studies. The fellowship is highly competitive and provides financial assistance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities. The benefits and funding provided by the fellowship include:
- Stipend: Recipients of the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship receive a generous stipend to cover their living expenses during the course of their doctoral studies. The stipend amount is determined based on the cost of living in the location of the university or institution where the recipient is enrolled.
- Tuition and Fees: The fellowship covers the full cost of tuition and fees for the duration of the doctoral program. This ensures that the recipients can focus solely on their research and academic pursuits without the burden of financial obligations.
- Research and Travel Grants: The fellowship provides research and travel grants to support the recipients in their research activities. These grants can be used for data collection, equipment purchase, conference attendance, and other research-related expenses.
- Mentorship and Networking: The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship offers recipients access to a network of renowned scholars, mentors, and peers. This mentorship program provides guidance, support, and valuable insights to help the recipients navigate their academic and professional journey.
- Professional Development Opportunities: The fellowship organizes workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance the recipients’ research and professional skills. These opportunities enable the recipients to broaden their knowledge, expand their network, and stay updated with the latest advancements in their field of study.
Neporany Doctoral Fellowship Application process
The application process for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship is straightforward but highly competitive. Applicants must carefully follow the guidelines and submit all the required documents to be considered for the fellowship. The application process consists of the following steps:
- Research and Identify Suitable Programs: Applicants should thoroughly research the doctoral programs offered by universities or institutions that align with their research interests. It is important to ensure that the program is eligible for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship before proceeding with the application.
- Prepare Application Materials: Applicants must gather all the required application materials, which typically include a completed application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, and language proficiency test scores, if applicable. It is crucial to carefully review and proofread all the documents before submission.
- Submit Application: Once all the application materials have been prepared, applicants can submit their application through the designated online portal or by mail, depending on the instructions provided by the fellowship. It is essential to submit the application within the specified deadline.
- Selection Process: The selection process for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship involves a thorough review of the applicants’ academic qualifications, research proposal, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or asked to provide additional information.
- Notification of Results: Successful applicants will be notified of their selection for the fellowship. The exact timeline for the notification may vary depending on the fellowship’s schedule, but applicants can expect to receive the results within a few months after the application deadline.
The Application deadline For Neporany Doctoral Fellowship is 1st July 2023,