DHS is in search of an experienced, detail oriented, passionate General Accountant
An Accountant helps companies make important financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting the company’s finances. They’re liable for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and guaranteeing financial records are correct throughout the year.
General Responsibilities of a Accountant
- Overseeing the finance and accounting for a number of entities throughout the corporate group
- Preparation and evaluation of month-to-month financial statement packages
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Common ledger and subledger reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Maintain capital asset schedules
- Cash move forecasting
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable actions.
- Bank deposits and guaranteeing well timed credit card payments
- Course of and keep staff payroll (twice a month) and advantages together with journal entries and monthly remittances, ROE.
- Keep GST / PST, annual submitting of T4, T4A by the deadline.
- Make sure the integrity of compliance by getting ready financial filings and other regulatory compliance documentation and remittances with CRA, WCB and Ministry of Finance (EHT), renewing enterprise licenses.
- Put together periodic funds variance stories and other ad hoc analyses, financial models or reports as requested
- Full year end documents and liaise with accountant
- Liable for drafting annual budgets, getting them signed off by management, then holding management accountable by offering month-to-month variance stories & summaries on the place budgets are being overspent.
- Improvement of and compliance with key monetary policies and procedures
- Ensure monetary accountability and inner controls are in place to satisfy the requirements of Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Firms.
Work as a General Accountant in Canada
Job brief of an Accountant
Accountant obligations embrace auditing monetary documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax funds and returns. To be successful in this role, you need to have earlier experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Finally, you’ll present us with correct quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and money flows of our business, whereas ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Responsibilities of an Accountant
- Handle all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Deal with monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and put together tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and revenue/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce monetary data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Adjust to financial policies and rules
- Helping in creating short and long-term goals for the company.
- Constraints and strategies in an effort to hit goals.
- Ensuring goals and objectives are SMART
- Evaluation of money move, value controls, and bills to information enterprise selections and determine potential for enhancements.
- Working with the management crew in streamlining operational processes and procedures.
- Participating in technique discussions and initiatives.
- Keep constructive and strategic relationships with authorities, bank, suppliers (local & worldwide) and different stakeholders
- Hybrid work (2 days in the office)
- Fluent in English
- CPA or in process of obtaining CPA
- Experience with product & service primarily based companies
Benefits & Compensation of an Accountant
- three weeks paid vacation
- distant vacation alternatives
- RRSP matching
- Competitive Salary
- Health Advantages
In case you are , please submit your utility!
Use these Links to Explore: