Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024 | Study in Canada
The Rutherford Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program offered in the province of Alberta, Canada, to recognize and support outstanding high school graduates pursuing post-secondary education. The scholarship program is named after Alexander Rutherford, the first Premier of Alberta, and aims to encourage academic excellence and provide financial assistance to deserving students. in order to encourage students to pursue higher education and to identify and reward the academic excellence of seniors in high school.
Established in 1985, The Rutherford Scholarship was born out of a vision to support talented individuals who exemplify intellectual prowess and leadership potential. Named after Ernest Rutherford, the scholarship honors his scientific contributions and his belief in the power of education to transform lives. Rutherford, a Nobel laureate, was a trailblazer in the field of nuclear physics and left an indelible mark on scientific progress. The scholarship, funded by generous contributions from philanthropists and organizations, aims to carry forward Rutherford’s legacy by providing financial assistance and mentorship to exceptional students.
READ ALSO: Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Benefits of the Rutherford Scholarship for 2023–2024
The Rutherford Scholarship provides financial assistance to successful applicants, helping to alleviate the financial burden of pursuing higher education. The scholarship offers varying amounts based on academic achievement. The scholarship amounts for the 2023-2024 academic year have not been officially announced yet, but in previous years, the scholarship provided up to CAD $2,500 per year of full-time post-secondary study.
The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship allows students to receive up to $2500 for their post-secondary study. Students who enroll in post-secondary institutions and achieve an average of 80% in five topics assigned for grades 11, 10, and 12 are eligible for these awards. Each grade is evaluated independently. You can use CTS courses to meet the criteria for entering Grades 10 and 11.
To be eligible for the Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be an Alberta resident, defined as having resided in Alberta for at least 12 consecutive months immediately before starting post-secondary studies.
- Have completed high school or its equivalent.
- Enroll in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada in a program leading to a certificate, diploma, or degree.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record and achievement.
Required Documents for Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024:
When applying for the Rutherford Scholarship, applicants will typically need to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form: This form can usually be obtained from the Alberta Student Aid website or through the applicant’s high school.
- High school transcript: An official transcript indicating the applicant’s academic performance and achievement throughout their high school years.
- Proof of enrollment: Documentation confirming the applicant’s acceptance or enrollment in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
- Proof of residency: Documentation verifying the applicant’s Alberta residency, such as a driver’s license, utility bills, or lease agreement.
- Other supporting documents: Additional documents may be required, such as reference letters, personal statements, or proof of extracurricular activities.
READ ALSO:UFV Scholarship Canada 2023-2024
Application Procedure for Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024:
The exact application procedure and deadlines for the Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024 will be announced by Alberta Student Aid closer to the application opening period. Generally, the application process involves the following steps:
- Obtain the application form: The application form can be downloaded from the Alberta Student Aid website or obtained from the applicant’s high school guidance counselor.
- Complete the application: Fill out the application form accurately and provide all the required information.
- Gather supporting documents: Collect all the necessary documents, including the high school transcript, proof of enrollment, proof of residency, and any other required materials.
- Submit the application: Submit the completed application form and supporting documents to the designated address or online portal as instructed by Alberta Student Aid.
- Wait for the results: Once the application is submitted, the selection process will take place, and successful applicants will be notified of their scholarship awards.
High School Transcript Marks: As part of the application process for the Rutherford Scholarship, applicants are required to provide their high school transcript. The transcript should include marks or grades received for completed courses throughout high school. The transcript serves as an important evaluation tool to assess the applicant’s academic performance and eligibility for the scholarship.
Please note that the specific details and requirements for the Rutherford Scholarship 2023-2024 may be subject to change. It is advisable to refer to the official Alberta Student Aid website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the scholarship program.