Part-Time Educational Assistant for 2023-2024
The school, which has pupils in grades 5-8, is situated in the town of Peace River. A broad range of exploratory classes, such as art, drama, home economics, and band, are offered in addition to the school’s top-notch core academic program, which includes English, French Immersion, and French as a Second Language. Additionally, T.A.
Norris provides dance and hockey academies.There will be a need for one part-time educational assistant (0.87 FTE) starting on August 30th, 2023, and working until June 27th, 2024. Support for students in school will be provided by the chosen applicant.
Their primary role is to provide additional assistance and support to students, both individually and in groups, under the supervision of a teacher.
The responsibilities of a part-time educational assistant may vary depending on the educational level (e.g., elementary, middle, or high school) and specific needs of the students.
Here are some common tasks they may perform:
- Classroom Support: Assist the teacher with classroom management, including setting up materials and resources, organizing activities, and maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Student Support: Work closely with individual students or small groups to provide academic support, reinforce concepts taught by the teacher, and assist with completing assignments or projects.
- Special Needs Assistance: Provide support to students with special needs, including those with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, or behavioral challenges. This may involve implementing accommodations or modifications, offering personalized assistance, and ensuring inclusion within the classroom.
- Record Keeping: Help maintain student records, attendance, and progress reports. Assist with grading assignments and providing feedback to students under the guidance of the teacher.
- Communication and Collaboration: Collaborate with the teacher and other staff members to facilitate effective communication with parents or guardians, attend parent-teacher meetings, and contribute to the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) or other educational plans.
- Classroom Supervision: Monitor students during activities, transitions, and recess periods to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Administrative Support: Assist with administrative tasks such as photocopying, organizing materials, preparing teaching aids, and maintaining inventory of classroom supplies.
- To become a part-time educational assistant, specific qualifications may be required depending on the educational institution and the jurisdiction. Some common requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, experience working with children or youth, and good communication skills. Additional qualifications, such as completion of relevant college coursework or certification programs, may be preferred or required in certain cases.
- If you are interested in pursuing a part-time educational assistant position for the 2023-2024 academic year, I recommend exploring job search platforms, educational institution websites, or reaching out to local schools or school districts for more information on any available positions and their application processes.
The qualifications required to become a part-time educational assistant can vary depending on the educational institution, the specific role, and the jurisdiction. While specific requirements may differ, here are some qualifications that are commonly sought after:
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically the minimum educational requirement for a part-time educational assistant position. Some institutions may prefer or require additional education, such as an associate’s degree or college coursework related to education, child development, or a specific subject area.
- Experience: Experience working with children or youth is often valued. This could include volunteering in educational settings, participating in mentoring programs, or working in daycare centers, summer camps, or after-school programs. Previous experience as a teacher’s aide or in a similar role can also be beneficial.
- Skills and Abilities: Employers may look for specific skills and abilities, including:
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for effectively interacting with students, teachers, parents, and other staff members.
- Patience and Empathy: Working with students, particularly those with special needs or behavioral challenges, requires patience, understanding, and the ability to show empathy.
- Flexibility: Educational assistants often need to adapt to the changing needs of students and teachers, as well as the demands of the classroom environment.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to organize materials, maintain records, and manage time effectively is important in supporting classroom activities.
- Collaborative Attitude: A willingness to work as part of a team, collaborate with teachers and other staff members, and contribute to a positive learning environment is valued.
- Additional Requirements: Depending on the educational institution and the position’s responsibilities, there may be additional requirements, such as:
- Background Checks: Schools often require candidates to undergo background checks, including criminal record checks and child abuse clearances, to ensure the safety of students.
- Certifications or Training: Some institutions may require or prefer candidates to have certifications or training related to first aid, CPR, behavior management, or specific teaching methods.
- It’s important to note that the specific qualifications and requirements for part-time educational assistant positions can vary significantly. It’s advisable to review job postings, contact educational institutions directly, or consult with local education authorities to understand the specific qualifications expected in your area.
While the requirements for part-time educational assistant positions can vary depending on the institution and jurisdiction, here is a list of common requirements that employers may look for:
- Educational Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically the minimum requirement for a part-time educational assistant position. Some positions may prefer or require additional education, such as an associate’s degree or college coursework related to education, child development, or a specific subject area.
- Experience: Previous experience working with children or youth is often preferred. This can include volunteering, mentoring, or working in daycare centers, summer camps, after-school programs, or similar educational settings. Experience as a teacher’s aide or in a related role is also valuable.
- Background Checks: Educational institutions usually require candidates to undergo background checks, including criminal record checks and child abuse clearances, to ensure the safety and well-being of students.
- Certifications or Training: Depending on the institution and specific responsibilities of the role, certain certifications or training may be required or preferred. Examples include first aid and CPR certification, behavior management training, or specific training related to working with students with special needs.
- Skills and Abilities: Employers often seek candidates with specific skills and abilities, including:
- Strong communication skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential for interacting with students, teachers, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience and empathy: Working with students, especially those with special needs or behavioral challenges, requires patience, understanding, and the ability to show empathy.
- Flexibility: Part-time educational assistants need to be adaptable and flexible, as they may be required to work with different students, adapt to changing classroom needs, or assist with various tasks as needed.
- Organizational skills: The ability to organize materials, manage time effectively, and assist with record-keeping is important in supporting classroom activities.
- Collaborative attitude: A willingness to work as part of a team, collaborate with teachers and other staff members, and contribute to a positive learning environment is valued.
It’s important to remember that these requirements are general guidelines, and specific job postings may have additional or different requirements.
To determine the precise qualifications for part-time educational assistant positions in your area, it’s best to review job postings, contact educational institutions directly, or consult with local education authorities.
Peace River School Division
requires for the 2023-2024 school year a
Part-Time Educational Assistant
T. A. Norris Middle SchoolPeace River, Alberta.