Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Best Scholarships
Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarship available for students from foreign countires. They are offered at the host institution in UK, the Queen Mary University.
The School of Law ranks in the top ten UK colleges of law for the standard of research. The staff, recognized internationally, act as advisers to industry, governments and NGOs, both across the nation and internationally.
Eligible recipients who have successfully applied for this scholarship will undertake research support work and any related tasks. For the Queen Mary Intellectual Property law Research Institute (QMIPRI), this is done as required in up to 6 hours each week for the period of their studies.
The Herchel Smith PhD Scholarship Programme recognises and supports exceptional full-time students who show the potential to make an outstanding contribution to intellectual property law. This programme supports PhD students in intellectual property law and those working at the intersection of intellectual property law and other areas of sciences and humanities.
Level of Study: PhD
Institution(s): Queen Mary University
Study in: London, UK
Program Period: 3 years as full time. 6 years as part time.
Required Language: English. (IELTS and other tests required)
Eligible Countries: All World Countries
These scholarships cover:
- All tuition fees,
- Award of around £17,000 per year (reviewed annually) will be paid to the recipient on a regular basis throughout the academic year starting from September 2021.
Recommended for you:
International Scholarships on Public Health
Bauhaus-Universität Weimar President’s Scholarship
Oxford-Reuben AfOx Graduate Scholarship
Mo Ibrahim Foundation University of London
Opportunity Focus Areas
- IPRs and public international law/private international law
- IPRs and intangible cultural/scientific heritage
- IPRs and human rights
- Doctrine of functionality
- The role of intellectual property law in promoting and regulating art
- Intersection of international trade and intellectual property law (e.g. Patents and Trade in Stem Cells; Trade Marks and Tobacco Plain Packaging)
- Intellectual property transactions (e.g. Licensing of Broadcasting Rights for Premier League matches)
- Interrelationship of TRIPS with regional and national Law (e.g. TRIPS and the European Patent Convention);
- Philosophy of intellectual property; primary and secondary markets in IP
- Art 102 TFEU applied to “double identity” TM cases; property rights in persona; enforcement of IP; exhaustion and licensing.
Eligibility Criteria for Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarship
- The award is for new applicants who will enroll at the start of the coming academic year, in September 2022.
- Applicant must be a PhD students in intellectual property law and those working at the intersection of intellectual property law and other areas of sciences and humanities.
- (IELTS: 7.0 overall including 7.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.)TOEFL: 100 overall including 27 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking. Also other tests can be accepted .
More posts like this you might like:
Commonwealth Split-Site PhD Scholarship
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
University of Warwick Full PhD Scholarship
University of Reading Centenary Scholarship
Imperial College London PhD Scholarship
How to Apply for Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships
- Make an on-line application, to the PhD programme prior to the funding submission deadline will be considered for funding :for full time here and part time here , then register next, log in after that apply as a new applicant
- Follow your application step by step
- Click submit button once only
- For more information about application, follow this link
- If you have any queries relating to the PhD funding application process, please email the School of Law PhD Admissions Administrator, Mr G Skehan by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any additional documents relating to this qualification (e.g. translations, reverse of transcript) maximimum of 5 uploads
- A copy of your original certificate and/or transcript
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, language.
- If you are a member of any professional organisations (e.g. GMC, Bar) please provide the organisation name and your registration number (where applicable)
- A CV (curriculum vitae) or résumé is a summary of your education and any employment to date.
- A brief (1,000 words maximum) personal statement that: Explains your interest in this area Describes any relevant research experience – for example, as part of a previous degree Lists any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication
- Proof of funding or scholarship
- Research Proposal include ; Proposed supervisor; Have you already made contact with the supervisor(s) ; Proposed project title / Studentship title ; Research group ; What is your proposed start date?
- Two referees and their contacts
More Application instructions
- Notifications to be considered as a funding applicant not an applicant to the PhD programme only.
- There is a section within the PhD online application form labelled ‘Funding’. (To notify that ‘I will fund my studies by other means’).
- Then in the ‘Please give details of any scholarships or grants you are applying for or have already secured’, you should specifically state that (you wish to apply for a School of Law Herchel Smith award).
Please visit the Official Website for more information.
Application Deadline: June 02, 2022
For more updates, Like and Share this article