Home Immigration Immigrate from UK to Canada

Immigrate from UK to Canada


Immigrate from the UK to Canada

Canada has attracted about 650,000 people from the UK over the years. And for good reason! If it weren’t for the Great White North’s rich cultural past, it’s definitely beautiful scenery and employment opportunities. Canada has a high standard of living and she is one of the safest countries in the world. Read on to learn how to immigrate to Canada from the UK.

After the UK decided to leave the European Union, people are becoming more and more curious and interested in how to immigrate to Canada from the UK. If you are a UK citizen and have decided to immigrate to Canada, you have access to some options that you may not have at home.

Canada is known for its low cost of living, booming job market, plenty of comfortable homes, friendly people, and cosmopolitan, fast-growing cities. As Canada is still considered a member of the Commonwealth, many British qualifications and work experience are recognized by the Canadian government, making immigration to Canada relatively easy.

Obtaining Canadian permanent residency is the best way to immigrate to Canada from the United Kingdom (Canada PR). As such, you can live in Canada for the rest of your life, enjoy as many welfare benefits as possible, travel around the country, and be protected by Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms. You can also apply to become a Canadian citizen.
How to Immigrate to Canada from the UK

From the many options available, we have compiled a list of the best ways to immigrate to Canada from the UK. Giving immigrants the opportunity to start a new life in Canada.
Immigrate to Canada as a Student

Students from all over the world come to study in Canada for a variety of reasons. The Canadian education system is more affordable than UK institutions and ranks her fourth in the world. The advantage of studying in Canada is that you will have plenty of time to look for a job after completing your education. Once you find a job, you are one step closer to obtaining permanent residency to live in Canada.

If you are from the UK and want to study in Canada, follow her 3 easy steps:

1. Find a university

Choose the university you want to attend, but submit a number of applications. There are additional options to consider if you didn’t get into the school of your choice. Several top colleges to take into account include:

  • University of Toronto, Toronto
  • Ryerson University, Toronto
  • University of British Columbia, Vancouver
  • University of Waterloo, Waterloo City
  • McMaster University, Hamilton
  • McGill University, Montréal City
  • Simon Fraser University, Greater Vancouver
  • University of Alberta, Edmonton
  • York University, Toronto
  • Queen’s University, Kingston
  • University of Calgary, Calgary City
  • University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
  • University of Victoria, Victoria
  • University of Ottawa, Ottawa
  • Dalhousie University, Halifax

2. Apply for admission

Visit the universities’ websites to submit an admissions application. Remember that you must write an essay explaining why you wish to attend that particular university. It would be best if you now began gathering your papers, such as:

  • A complete application form
  • Transcripts from past institutions
  • A certificate that confirms the completion of your secondary school education

3. Apply for a student visa

Get a student visa (CIC Study Permit). You can study and live in Canada with the help of this paper. Foreigners can only stay in countries where they have a valid study permit. Below are the requirements for a CIC study permit.

  • Be enrolled in a Designated Learning Institute (DLI).
  • Sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses
  • criminal record certificate
  • medical certificate
  • Return costs for you and your companion
  • Proof that you will leave the country after your visa expires.

Immigrate to Canada as a worker

The Express Entry process is a great starting point if you are from the UK and want to immigrate and work in Canada. There are four Express Entry programs:

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The CEC program allows her to relocate to Canada if she has at least one year of work experience in Canada. Immigrants from CEC are considered a vital resource by the Government of Canada. They support the growth of the country economically and culturally.

Here are some advantages:

At least 1 year of work experience in Canada is required
Can apply from overseas if work experience is within 3 years

You don’t have to submit a lot of paperwork to qualify. Therefore, the processing time is only 3-4 months.

Federal Skills Trade Program (FSTP)

FSTP was introduced in 2013 to address the country’s labor shortage. If you have Easy Route to Permanent Residency artisan status, you can apply for FSTP. Before applying, please ensure that the occupation is on the National Classification of Occupations (NOC) list and that she has at least two years of work experience.

Below are the simple steps to apply for FSTP.

  • Create an Express Entry profile
  • Be sure to include (CRS)
  • receive approval
  • Receive an invitation to apply (ITA)
  • Apply within 60 days of receiving your ITA
  • Conduct security and health checks
  • submit an electronic application to her IRCC
  • Receive confirmation of permanent residency
  • get a PR card

State Candidate Program (PNP)

The PNP is comparable to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), except federal states are responsible. The PNP allows states to propose candidates based on their unique requirements. Essentially, there are significant differences in the needs, standards and parameters of different states.

Who can apply for her PNP?

  • university student
  • business owner
  • skilled worker
  • semi-skilled worker
  • Self-employed (select companies only)

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

Along with the PNP, the FSWP is one of Canada’s leading economic immigration programs. This allows you to live and work in Canada permanently without needing a work permit. To be eligible for this program, you must have completed the Advanced Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). 1200 points for Express Entry. The table below shows the FSWP scoring system on a scale of 100. If you meet the requirements, you will see the following CRS scores:

Even with a cutoff score of 67, he would have to be one of the top contenders to qualify.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here