Hubert Humphrey Non-degree Fellowships : Easy Guide
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships available for students from international countries who would like to pursue non degree programs. As a professional, if you are interested in enhancing your management abilities, then this scholarship is meant for you.
This scholarship will guide your interest through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about problems of prevalent concern in your home countries and U.S as well.
The Humphrey Program takes young and mid-career experts from specified nations for a year of non-degree graduate research, leadership development, and professional cooperation with U.S. counterparts, .
Level of Study: Non-degree Program
Institution(s): Participating USA Universities
To be studied in(Country): USA
Number of Scholarships: 200 Fellowships
- Full payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university.
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- Accident and sickness coverage.
- Pre-academic English language training, if required.
- A book allowance.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events).
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Recommended for you:
International Scholarships on Public Health
Bauhaus-Universität Weimar President’s Scholarship
Oxford-Reuben AfOx Graduate Scholarship
Mo Ibrahim Foundation University of London
Eligibility for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
Eligible applicants for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships must have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree.
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A record of public service in the community.
- good English language abilities.
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Fulbright Commission or Public Affairs Section in your country of residence to learn about the specific requirements.
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Aim of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
- develop leaders whose knowledge and skills have been informed by exposure to American values, models and ideas, those who will have a multiplier effect on their societies;
- establish and enhance long-lasting productive partnerships and relationships between U.S. citizens and individuals from other parts of the world;
- increase U.S. citizens’ knowledge and understanding of international issues and of other cultures and societies.
- expand and improve the range of international exchange and training programs
More posts like this you might like:
Commonwealth Split-Site PhD Scholarship
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
University of Warwick Full PhD Scholarship
University of Reading Centenary Scholarship
Imperial College London PhD Scholarship
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
The procedure to apply can be done in just two steps:
- Choose the country that you are from.
- Check the website of your country and send an email.
To know more about this scholarship, please visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: Before 1 October (annually)
Interested applicants must apply online as instructed. After national selection, final nominations are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. These review committees make recommendations to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
Awards for Fellows going to the Long-Term English program will be announced in January 2022. Awards for all other candidates will be announced by the end of March 2022 for Fellowships during the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
- A first university degree
- Five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Demonstrated English language ability
- Limited prior experience in the U.S.
Terms and Conditions:
The Humphrey Fellowship provides: international travel, tuition and university fees, accident/sickness coverage, monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities. The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
The COVID 19 Pandemic may mean that international travel, visas and public health protocols in your home country and the USA may impact program dates and implementation; selected candidates will be advised on any changes and are urged to remain flexible.
For more updates, Like and Share this article