Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded masters scholarships aimed at students from foreign countries who would like to study in Belgium. The program aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top destination for study. This is where the Government of Flanders grants scholarships to outstanding candidates to pursue their Masters programs.
Applications for the Flanders Masters Scholarship are accepted by all Flemish universities, Schools of Arts and the Antwerp Maritime Academy. The Master Mind Scholarships 2021-2022 was estimated to benefit 30 international students.
Additional Information for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
Level of Study: Masters
Institution(s): See Host Institutions below
Study in: Belgium
Opportunity Focus Areas: Eligible Masters Degree Programs offered at participating Flemish Institutions except preparatory programs; bridging programs; or distance learning
Program Period: Two years.
Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Master Mind Scholarships’ Host Institutions:
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Other University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences) include:
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
- University College Ghent
Recommended for you:
- A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of € 8200 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS).
- Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrollment fee. The grant is paid in installments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
In order to be eligible, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential: The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0
- The Host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships program, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply. The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in Spring 2021, are already enrolled in a specific preparatory program in order to start a master program in September 2021.
- Student mobility during the master program is allowed. However, at least half of the credits of the master program must be obtained at the Flemish Host institution.
As a student, you must have a good knowledge of the English language and a similar result in another official English language test recognized by the Host institution. Additionally, you must also have at least:
- an overall band score of minimum 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
Students who apply for a Master program at a School of Arts must have at least:
- an overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test;
- a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
More posts like this you might like:
Application Procedure for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
(3) The Host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind scholarship by creating the candidate’s application file in the Mobility-Online tool.
(4) The applicant receives an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying him/her of being pre selected for a Master Mind scholarship.
(5) The applicant registers in the Mobility-Online tool and completes his/her application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
(6) The Host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility Online tool before the deadline of midnight 30th April 2021 GMT+1. Applications validated submitted after midnight 30th April 2021 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
Visit the Official Website for more Information about the Master Mind Scholarships.
Application Deadline: Before April 29, 2022 (annual)